You may remember that at the beginning of last summer, 2015, I created a post regarding a computer upgrade. That post is now gone, but there is new news. After building the computer, there were first several hardware issues, which I quickly resolved. Then, there were some software issues, which I kept putting off. I have, however, this weekend, received help from my friend Eddie, and completed the computer.
There is a single issue, regarding my duel monitors, but I need to buy new ones anyways. Below are the parts from the computer, which I have dubbed the “Zweihänder.”
- Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
- Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5″ 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
- G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
- Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
- AMD FX-6350 3.9GHz 6-Core Processor
- MSI GeForce GTX 960 4GB Video Card
- Rosewill CHALLENGER ATX Mid Tower Case
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM (64-bit)
The computer cost me around $800, and runs much better than I could have expected. All games I currently own run at least 60 fps, averaging over 120.